Find a Medicare patient’s MBI ID with Part A & B Status Details and Dates.
CMS replaced the SSN-based HICN with a new, randomly generated Medicare Beneficiary Identifier and requires the MBI ID for all Eligibility Verification, Claim Submission, reopening requests, and prior authorization requests.
pVerify offers a new, scalable solution for obtaining the new Medicare MBI ID, your patient’s MBI number, quickly and easily by submitting the patient data including SSN/HICN, DOB and Name.
Reduce Denials and Increase Revenue with pVerify’s MBI Lookup Solution!
pVerify’s Medicare MBI Lookup Features
MBI Lookup Features
- Never lose revenue because of an old HICN number
- First/Last Name, DOB plus a patient’s Social Security Number or old HICN.
- Auto-fill results to immediately verify their Eligibility.
- MBI Lookup results include Medicare A & B status and dates.
Single Patient: With redirect to Eligibility
- The MBI Lookup Tool must be run to obtain the new MBI ID prior to verifying a Eligibility of a Medicare patient. With a built in radio button, one-click auto fills the patient’s details into the Medicare Eligibility – Summary Dashboard fields with a second click completing the verification and additional radio buttons for Same or Similar, Medicare CMN, and Inpatient SNF.
- pVerify supports unlimited uploads of Medicare patients to be processed to find their MBI ID
MBI Lookup API
- pVerify offers extensive capability with our robust APIs for our Medicare MBI Lookup Solution. Visit the Developers Tab for more information.
The Importance of the MBI Lookup Tool
In order for a provider to be paid for services or items provided to Medicare patients, they first must determine if there is an active service being billed to Medicare Part A, if the patient has a Medicare Advantage Plan, and if the patient’s coverage is active. In order for these details to be confirmed the provider must have a patients MBI ID.
When Medicare removed sensitive PHI details from Medicare Cards it disrupted the workflow and ability of providers to correctly bill for their services. To reduce the uptick in denials and costly staffing adjustments to capture each patient’s MBI ID pVerify created a workable solution that only adds one click to the previous verification process.
Verify - Estimate - Collect
Our automated, date-of-service patient insurance verification brings unprecedented efficiency to your front-office workflow. Coupled with our Patient Estimator and hands-free Patient Payment, our Solutions can significantly reduce patient debt and improve front-office collections.
Verify a patient ahead of time or during their procedure with pVerify’s All Payer Advanced Eligibility Solution in Instant, Batch, or API Eligibility, in real-time with accuracy down to the service received.
Estimate patient financial responsibility powered by Eligibility results and your unique fee schedules for quick and easy cost estimates.
Collect payment during appointment with contactless QR code, card-on-file and customized card-on-file payment plans with no contract commitment.