Webinar (including LIVE Training) Disclaimer
pVerify’s webinars are intended solely to provide information. The information presented as part of a webinar and any material published in relation to a webinar are provided for general purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice from any of the hosts, the presenters or pVerify, Inc, or any of their respective affiliates, associates, employees or representatives (collectively, the “Presenters”). The content of a webinar is provided from the perspective of the Presenter and does not directly reflect the processes, security, compliance, or interworking’s of pVerify, Inc. Information presented in a webinar cannot be relied upon to support any cause of action against the Presenters or pVerify, Inc.
The views and opinions expressed as part of a webinar (i) may not be relied upon to support any cause of action enforceable by any person (including any invitee, attendee or participant of a webinar) against the Presenters or pVerify or any of them (ii) should not be construed as undeniable fact by the Presenters or pVerify of any products, processes or services mentioned or identified as part of a webinar, or as a recommendation of any product, practice, process, service, item or organization.
Any such material or information presented by the Presenters or a third party in any format as part of a webinar, without limitation, is for information purposes only.
With respect to a webinar, the Presenters and pVerify do not make any warranty, express or implied, including with respect to the fitness for a particular purpose of any information presented, or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, practice, service or process presented, or represent that its use would not infringe any rights. The Presenters and pVerify accept no responsibility for, and shall have no liability in respect of, any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, which may arise from reliance on or in connection with, the information presented as part of a webinar. All the Presenters and pVerify’s rights are expressly reserved.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT NOTICE
Last updated July 12th, 2021
pVerify, Inc legal entities that utilize the names pVerify, Inc.
Your privacy is important to us. This California Consumer Privacy Act Notice explains how the legal entities listed above (“Company,” “we,” or “us”) collect, use, and disclose personal information relating to California residents covered by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). This notice is provided
pursuant to the CCPA.
Under the CCPA, “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked directly or indirectly with a particular California resident. The CCPA, however, does not apply to certain information, such as information subject to the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”).
The specific Personal Information that we collect, use, and disclose relating to a California resident covered by the CCPA will vary based on our relationship or interaction with that individual. For example, this Notice does not apply with respect to information that we collect about California residents who apply for or obtain our financial products and services for personal, family, or household purposes. For more information about how we collect, disclose, and secure information relating to these customers, please refer to our US Consumer Privacy Notice (below)
Keeping Personal Information secure is one of our most important priorities. Consistent with our obligations under applicable laws and regulations, we maintain physical, technical, electronic, procedural, and organizational safeguards and security measures that are designed to protect personal data against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, or access, whether it is processed by us or elsewhere.
Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information
- Identifiers, such as name and government-issued identifier (e.g., Social Security number);
- Personal information, as defined in the California safeguards law, such as contact information and financial information
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as sex and marital status;
- Commercial information, such as transaction information and purchase history;
- Biometric information, such as fingerprints and voiceprints;
- Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our website;
- Geo-location data, such as device location and Internet Protocol (IP) location;
- Audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as call and video recordings;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as work history and prior employer;
- Education information, such as student records and directory information; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the Personal Information listed above to create a profile about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
The categories of sources from whom we collected this Personal Information are:
- Directly from a California resident or the individual’s representatives
- Service Providers, Consumer Data Resellers and other third parties
- Public Record Sources (Federal, State or Local Government Sources)
- Information from our Affiliates
- Website/Mobile App Activity/Social Media
- Information from Client Directed Third Parties or Institutions representing a Client/Prospect
- Information from Corporate Clients about individuals associated with the Clients (e.g., an employee or board member)
The categories of third parties to whom we disclosed Personal Information for our business purposes described in this privacy notice are:
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries of pVerify, Inc
- Vendors and Service Providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, auditing, marketing, and marketing research activities
- Government Agencies as required by laws and regulations
Use of Personal Information
In the past 12 months, we have used Personal Information relating to California residents to operate, manage, and maintain our business, to provide our products and services, and to accomplish our business purposes and objectives, including the following:
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Short-term, transient use where the information is not disclosed to a third party and is not used to build a profile or otherwise alter an individual consumer’s experience outside the current interaction, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction.
- Auditing related to a current interaction and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and 2 auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service controlled by the business.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Complying with laws and regulations and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements (including any internal policy based on or reflecting legal or regulatory guidance, codes or opinions)
Sale of Personal Information
In the past 12 months, we have not “sold” Personal Information subject to the CCPA, including Personal Information of minors under the age of 16. For purposes of this Notice, “sold” means the disclosure of Personal Information to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Rights under the CCPA
If you are a California resident, you have the right to:
(1) Request we disclose to you free of charge the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
a. the categories of Personal Information about you that we collected;
b. the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
c. the purpose for collecting Personal Information about you;
d. the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed Personal Information about you and the categories of Personal Information that was disclosed (if applicable) and the purpose for disclosing the Personal Information about you; and
e. the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
(2) Request we delete Personal Information we collected from you, unless the CCPA recognizes an exception; and
(3) Be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
We will acknowledge receipt of your request and advise you how long we expect it will take to respond if we are able to verify your identity. Requests for specific pieces of Personal Information will require additional information to verify your identity.
For individuals submitting a request on behalf of another person, we may require proof of authorization and verification of identity directly from the person for whom the request is made.
For a company or organization submitting a request on behalf of another person, we may require proof of authorization from the individual such as a power of attorney and verification of identity directly from the person for whom the request is made.
In some instances, we may not be able to honor your request. For example, we will not honor your request if we cannot verify your identity or if we cannot verify that you have the authority to make a request on behalf of another individual. Additionally, we will not honor your request where an exception applies, such as where the disclosure of Personal Information would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of another consumer or where the Personal Information that we maintain about you is not subject to the CCPA’s access or deletion rights.
We will advise you in our response if we are not able to honor your request. We will not provide Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers or government-issued identification numbers, financial account numbers, health care or medical identification numbers, account passwords or security questions and answers, or any specific pieces of information if the disclosure presents the possibility of unauthorized access that could result in identity theft or fraud or unreasonable risk to data or systems and network security.
We will work to process all verified requests within 45 days pursuant to the CCPA. If we need an extension for up to an additional 45 days in order to process your request, we will provide you with an explanation for the delay.
How to Exercise Your Rights
If you are a California resident, you may submit a request by:
(1) Contacting pVerify at info@pVerify.com or calling 949.309.2850
Changes to This California Consumer Privacy Act Notice
We may change or update this Notice from time to time. When we do, we will post the revised Notice on this page with a new “Last Updated” date.
pVerify® HIPAA User Agreement:
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY AND IN FULL. By agreeing with the Terms and Conditions the user agrees to the following:
Updated: Sept 7th, 2020
Updated HIPAA and NPI/PTAN Terms and Conditions
- User shall comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding individually identifiable information contained in or associated with PHI, including without limitation any state data breach laws or other state laws regarding the protection of such information.
- User shall supply their own National Provider Identifier (NPI) for use in Eligibility Verification and Provider Transaction Access Number (PTAN) for Same or Similar, SNF, and CMN to establish proof of legitimacy as a Medicare Services Provider. If user is in an active partnership with an established Medicare Service Provider, user is permitted to provide written documentation of the partnership with authorization to use the Medical Service Providers’ NPI and PTAN numbers.
- If at any time it is discovered that user is knowingly supplying an NPI or PTAN without approval or proper authorization of the Medicare Services Provider pVerify has the right to immediately terminate the account, without refund, and deny user future access to pVerify Services.
Client Administrator Security Protocol
As part of the Enrollment Process, Customer agrees to designate a primary Client Security Administrator(s) to ensure access to pVerify, Inc and protected health information is limited to users that have been verified as legally and contractually bound affiliates of Customer. Such person or persons shall be referred to as the pVerify, Inc Client Administrator. Each such person must comply with the implementation and administration of the foregoing.
(a) Client Administrator, by adding user, is verifying user as a legally and properly bound affiliate with need to access protected health information prior to granting access and is warranting that HIPAA Security Standards governing access and use of PHI is maintained by all users.
(b) Client Administrator will not utilize generic login names such as “front office” or “billing dept”.
(c) Client Administrator will provide each authorized individual user with a specific and unique login name and password.
(d) Client Administrator will transfer new login names and passwords to its employees in a secure manner that ensures that the login name and password remains restricted to the use of the intended specific and unique end user.
(e) Client Administrator will advise and require all users to take precautionary measures to prevent their login names and passwords being revealed to others.
(f) Client Administrator will review its login name and password list on a monthly basis and immediately delete all employees listed who no longer require access to pVerify.
These Terms and Conditions provide you with a personal, revocable, nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use this site conditioned on your continued compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
Except as expressly provided herein, you may not modify, copy, distribute, broadcast, transmit, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, sell, mirror, frame, deep link, or otherwise use any information or material obtained from or through this site without the prior written permission of the material’s owner. As a condition of your use of this site, you warrant to pVerify, Inc that you will not use this site for any purpose that is unlawful, unauthorized, or inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions, and you agree that this license to use the pVerify, Inc website will terminate immediately upon your violation of this warranty. pVerify,Inc reserves the right to terminate your access to this site and its content at any time, with or without notice, at our discretion.
Effective: Sept 1, 2018
Type of Information Collected
We collect your Personal Information when you fill out a Contact or Registation Form on our Site. “Personal Information” means any information that can be linked to you or used to identify you including:
your e-mail address;
your company address;
your telephone number;
your NPI & PTAN Numbers;
your device fingerprint identification (including IP address).
How We Collect Personal Information
You may be asked to provide us with Personal Information when you contact us through one of the methods available on our Contact Us, Schedule a Demo, and Account Registation Pages.
Data Analytics Tools
In addition to Cookies, pVerify uses various third-party analytics tools, including but not limited to, Google Analytics, to track Cookies and/or gather information about you and your use of our Site. pVerify uses information summarized from such analytics tools to aid in making decisions to improve our ability to offer you services and our Site’s visitors’ experiences, including decisions on the selection and presentation of content, images, navigation cues and interactive media. To request more information about our use of other third-party analytics tools, please Contact Us.
How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Information
We may use and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes unless prohibited by law:
to operate, improve, correct, and maintain our Site;
to perform the functions and provide the goods and services you request;
to facilitate and improve your experience on our Site;
to contact you about our Site and new features and enhancements;
to market our new products, services, or events;
for billing, account management, and other administrative matters;
to investigate and help prevent security issues, fraud, and abuse;
for identity verification, validation, or authentication;
to share it with and transfer our rights in it to any successor entity to pVerify, which entity would have the right to use and disclose the information as pVerify did prior to such transfer;
if we believe that any law or regulation requires us to do so;
to respond to a subpoena or governmental request;
as we deem advisable to protect our safety, rights, privacy or property, or that of others;
We may aggregate and anonymize your Personal Information with other information that we have collected from other users so that you may no longer be able to be reasonably identified (“Aggregated Data”). By using our Site, you agree that we may use and disclose Aggregated Data for any purpose.
Access, Updates, Corrections, Deletion
You may access, update, correct, and request deletion of Personal Information that is under our control by contacting us.
Links to Other Sites and Services
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and we do not direct or target children under the age of 13 for the collection of information. By using our Site, you represent and warrant to us that you are over the legal age.